CCNA exam price increase?

HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
It seems the cost to take the CCNA exam just increased by $100.

Last time I checked it cost $150 and now it cost $250.

What happened?

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    HardDisk wrote: »
    It seems the cost to take the CCNA exam just increased by $100.

Last time I checked it cost $150 and now it cost $250.

What happened?

It's been $250 for awhile now... are you thinking of the 2 exam route (CCENT & ICND2) which are $125 each... they still come out to $250. HTH.
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    The individual ICND1 and ICND2 exams are $125. The composite exam which gave you ICND1 + ICND2 used to be $125 as well but they changed it to be $250 a few years back.
  • HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My Bad. I had it in my head that the CCNA exam was $150.00.

I have been gearing up for the CCNA exam rather than the two test approach thinking that I would save $100. If the one test or two test approach cost the same then I need to rethink the pros and cons of which track to persue.

I still really like the one-and-done approach but at $250 a crack I don't know if I can afford to be such a high roller.

For the record I have already suffered the "Cisco Smack Down" when I failed the Ccnd1 exam last April. Much like a right of passage the beat down I took last April has empowered me to step up and face the CCNA exam. I hope.

HardDisk
  • mighty3mighty3 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Should I have to give and register both ICND1 and ICND2 exams at the same time?
    Is there any concession coupon generally found in books.
  • aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    mighty3 wrote: »
    you can register for either when ever you like, they dont need to be booked together. dunno about vouchers in books (i've not seen any) but you can get some discount for scoring over 75% on a cisco netacad program
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You almost had me worried there. I just checked the prices yesterday too.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    No.
    No. However, you can sometimes get exam vouchers for less than the standard price of the exams. You're generally locked into doing the exam by a certain date however and if you pass that date without using the voucher then you lose it. Use the link <--- for exam vouchers or search online. Be aware that some sites you find online may be not legitimate and a scam.