Options

OSPF and supernetting questions

dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
I dont have a lot of money (broke college student) and am using Sybex 3rd edition and a Cisco Press book that is from 2000. I used a variety of other sources as well. None of these went over OSPF and /or supernetting. But covered every other topic. I score low 70s on the Bosons right now. Are OSPF and supernetting on the test????

I have a little while to study still...
How many variations of the test is there? (do some focus more on subnetting, while other variations focus on sims etc)

thanks

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    OSPF is one of the main difference between the previous (640-607) and the current CCNA exam. Yes, it is an important exam topic. You should know what supernetting is and for what purposes it can be used, but you won't have to calculate supernets, that's more something for the BSCI exam.
  • Options
    RigsVilleRigsVille Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dissolved, if you want more info about subnetting - check out http://www.learntosubnet.com/
  • Options
    thanks guys. So supernetting, lack of IPX and OSPF are some of the changes made from the old CCNA exam, to the new one? Are there any others I should be aware of?

Thanks for link on learntosubnet. I actually did that whole page yesterday. Phew, that was a lot of lecture :)
  • Options
    dj_lotfidj_lotfi Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello

you have to review eigrp and nat as they add them as well, and vlms
    they add more command configuring isdn

i'm taking my exam the 18th

bye and good luck
    lotfi
    CCNA , BSCI
    Want to be CCNP
  • Options
    ok, the nat shouldnt be a problem.
    So basically the new CCNA topics are:

ospf
    variable subnetting
    supernetting
    nat
    eigrp

I may not pass this exam since I used older materials. I'm going to give it a shot though. I have 2 weeks to prepare (I plan on spending 8 hours per day for the next 2 weeks). I at least want to see where I score...
    thanks guys
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    not NAT so much as what you'll see on BSCI. It'll skim it. Same with router summarization and VLSM. OSPF and EIGRP you'll get hit fairly heavy on, OSPF especially, and know your ISDN and Frame-Relay stuff
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    LongbowLongbow Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Speaking of ISDN. How about dialer profiles and legacy DDR. Is there heavy consentration on those? I'm taking the test on the 18th as well and I need to concentrate my efforts. Tell me DDR and dialer profiles aren't an issue - that would really make my day :D