Options

Passed Security+

ike2187ike2187 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed the exam with a 890 :)

Even though I only have been on the forum for a couple of days I want to thank everyone for recommending Darril's book. I must say this book is AMAZING.. its awesome and I recommend it to everyone. I also used another textbook from a previous Network Security class but it was nothing compared to his book.

I already had a good amount of knowledge on security but reading this book in a matter of 2 days help solidify everything. I can't get over how helpful it was. Best 25 dollars I have ever spent lol.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    So what's next?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Well considering my new job after graduation will have me working on Linux systems I will probably do Linux. But depending on time I probably want to do as many as I can. Hopefully my employer will pay :)

And Thanks
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Nice work!

And hope you enjoy working with Linux.
  • Options
    yosi199yosi199 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi ike2187. I would like to know if you can say that Darill's book covered everything in the test? I mean, I studied from Darill's book and it is an execellent book but once I've started taking tests exams from selftestsoftware, I found myself not knowing certain things which I simply did not studied about. That totally ruined my confident and I've postponded my test to read another book now.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Israel.
  • Options
    I don't know what I can really say about that but I can assure you that Darill's book did an awesome job preparing me for the exam. And don't let the practice questions from other sources freak you out. I don't really know anything about selftestsoftware but I would think they probably went a bit overboard on the difficulty of them. But really I was not thrown off by any of the questions on the exam even if they were non scored ones. Darill defiantly knows his stuff and it prepares you for the real exam. I think Daril's book and the other test questions you are using should be enough. A lot of it has to do with freaking your self out and that you need to be confident in your self. Im sure you will do fine.
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    yosi199 wrote: »
    Hi ike2187. I would like to know if you can say that Darill's book covered everything in the test? I mean, I studied from Darill's book and it is an execellent book but once I've started taking tests exams from selftestsoftware, I found myself not knowing certain things which I simply did not studied about. That totally ruined my confident and I've postponded my test to read another book now.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Israel.

Shalom Alehem!

Get Darill's book, and the Exam Cram book, with the measure up test.
  • Options
    ecstasyofagonyecstasyofagony Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Grats on the pass! It's with reviews like this that made me buy Darril's book. He has done a great job with it.
  • Options
    Thanks and yep same for me.. Its all of the other reviews that made me go out and buy it. Who needs marketing when theres people like us right?