IIUC Passed

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Alright, I passed by a hair today.

I used Cisco Press, Cisco Lab guide, UC500 lab book, Cisco Gatekeeper book (partially read) Exam Cram, CBtnuggets CCNA Voice, CBNuggets CVoice. All in all about 100 hour to study for this exam including a few days I just locked myself up with routers.

Real world experience I have setup maybe 6 CME/UC500 sites and have more or less supported VOIP for over a year. I would also highly recommend setting up at least one third party VOIP phone on a CME system. It' s a great experience and preps for the exam well.

thoughts
- study the old version of the CCA
- practice setting up fax machines, a friend gave me that advice and he was right
- dont over look legacy voice terminology from chapter 1
- you can't pass this exam without time on a UC500, people told me it could be done and that they have done it, and now I really questions those people. After that test I am sure glad I have the hands on time I did.
- make sure you can setup a Unity Express module with a bind fold on

Not sure what my next goal is, I was thinking of snagging a Exchange cert but I suck at powershell. I was also thinking CCNA:Wireless and CCDA jsut to finish the set.

Could also consider IICU2, which I have the training for thanks to my job.

Thoughts?
-Daniel

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! I am currently studying for this exam and hope to test at the end of the month.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on the pass!!! icon_cheers.gif I too am studying for this exam... It'll be a couple of months before I take the exam though. I'm just starting off. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! drunken_smilie.gif Celebrate your pass!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats Dan!

If you're going to continue on the Windows administration path, you're going to have to learn Powershell sooner or later ;)
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks Dynamik. Any news on your blog?

As for powershell, I can google the commands I need :). I am doing anything I do in Exchange in powershell lately. Hopefully it will start to sink in.

Thinking CCDA, from the looks of it I should be able to pass this in a couple of months. I like the idea of not having to buy hardware for a while.
    -Daniel