I dream subnetting

loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
3 days until I take the CCENT and basically everything I think about all day and dream about is subnetting.

What if you have blah.blah.blah.blah /bleh how many hosts and subnets? Convert to binary go!

Haha anyone else felt this way before they took the exam?

I kind of dream in 1s and 0s now. I can also officially say the nerdiest thing I can now accomplish in my life is convert decimal to binary and back again.

Comments

• notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    loxleynew wrote: »
    3 days until I take the CCENT and basically everything I think about all day and dream about is subnetting.

What if you have blah.blah.blah.blah /bleh how many hosts and subnets? Convert to binary go!

I kind of dream in 1s and 0s now. I can also officially say the nerdiest thing I can now accomplish in my life is convert decimal to binary and back again.

I have had these dreams as well. So you're not the only one. It's good, it means you are focused!
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□

Hopefully you dream more than just subnets, there is more to CCENT than 1's and 0's =)
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    chmorin wrote: »
    Hopefully you dream more than just subnets, there is more to CCENT than 1's and 0's =)

Unless he gets a perfect 1000 score on his exam!!!
  • loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    Unless he gets a perfect 1000 score on his exam!!!

hahaha or 0100 lol
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    HAHA we are optimists here on TE =)
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134

I know the feeling, I woke up one night coughing and my wife asked if I was ok, all I could say is the coughing was coming from 224.0.0.9. icon_smile.gif
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I never had dreams of 1's and 0's or anything, but I have had plenty where I am doing something and realize that I am supposed to be at an exam. Panicing and depressed because I am too late to take it. I also have had the same dream with college classes and college exams.
  • dairou18dairou18 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who had those dreams.
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    I dream about...no, I'm not going there. icon_wink.gif
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I dreamt last night about GPO's and Certificate Services..oops..in wrong forum..lol

I'll be dreaming about this tonight as I've spent a few hours today doing subnetting problems. It just hasn't clicked for me yet so I'm going back through that section for my 70-642 studies. Once again, I'm in the wrong forum. Hopefully once I get the MS stuff out of the way I'll have time to work on the CCNA.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.