Failed CCENT

willywonkawillywonka Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I failed my CCENT Dangit!

Spent too much time on the questions and a sim close to the end. I didnt get to 6 questions. Anybody have any tips on practicing on speed or any other study tactics?

This was my first Cisco test and now I know what I am up against.

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    willywonka wrote: »
    I failed my CCENT Dangit!

Spent too much time on the questions and a sim close to the end. I didnt get to 6 questions. Anybody have any tips on practicing on speed or any other study tactics?

This was my first Cisco test and now I know what I am up against.

Don't loose the percentages they gave you after the test, and study up on what you got the least on. It is likely that you spent the most time on questions you knew the least about. Narrow that gap, and your speed will increase.

Its all about time management.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Also, YOU CAN DO IT!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Yes, make sure you study your weak areas. For the sims you've gotta be quick with those show commands and know what you're looking at when the output comes up. Practicing on my lab equipment is the #1 activity that helped my speed on the sims.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't worry about the fail, along with many I too failed the CCENT on my first try. Subnetting is key, along with layer 2 show commands. What I did after I failed was to change the way I was labbing, no more "recipe labs."

Also after I got home and I wrote down areas that really slowed me down and gave me problems. This actually helped me the most for the second time around.
  • willywonkawillywonka Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am going for it again next Thursday. I wanted to take it again on Friday but the test center that I like to test at was booked up till then. Guess this leaves me more time to study.

Curious about those who failed about their second time around? Did you find any repeat questions or was it a whole new test experience with different challenges? Not sure if this going to go against the rules I will understand if it gets striked out.

Thanks for the support!
  • *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am going for it again next Thursday. I wanted to take it again on Friday but the test center that I like to test at was booked up till then. Guess this leaves me more time to study.

Curious about those who failed about their second time around? Did you find any repeat questions or was it a whole new test experience with different challenges? Not sure if this going to go against the rules I will understand if it gets striked out.

Thanks for the support!

Expect anything is the only answer anyone can give you.
    Procrastinator extraordinaire
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    why don't you tell us what your percentages were?

they give you a list and a percentage next to each of the skills you were expected to show a mastery of

that can help you study better

post it here so we can give advice
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Failing your first Cisco exam is a right of passage.

Dare to play "The Cisco Smack Down" game.

It is not how many times you kiss the mat that matters but rather how many times you get back up that wins the day!

HardDisk
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Curious about those who failed about their second time around? Did you find any repeat questions or was it a whole new test experience with different challenges?

That is something that everyone gets to find out on their own. If you really know the material, you won't have to worry about it. Study your weak areas. Good Luck!
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□

That would probably be against the NDA to discuss. But there are a finite number of questions in the pool, so I would guess that it does happen.