Passed CCNA!

amtt81amtt81 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Finally passed the CCNA. i have been working on it for 6-8mos - switched jobs twice and my wife had a baby while working towards this. I am so happy to have passed. 835 - not a high score but if a fail is a fail, then a pass is a pass. The sim wouldnt accept a command I know was right, that threw me on one of them.
Sybex
ExamCram - Study Guide/Practice questions
Palestra DVD
Cisco Kits Lab

I wouldnt do the palestra dvd or the premade cisco kits lab again. I would probably go with a sim like network visualizer or something - you just always seem to be short the piece of gear you need to complete the labs, or really understand it.
I didnt know what I was buying, so I went with the kit, but now I see what everyone was saying, that you can pick up a couple 2501's real cheap to practice basic stuff with the real thing.

Thanks for the help and support.

CCNA, Security+, and Network+ this year. What should I do next. how do people feel about the GIAC certs?

Comments

• sniper_heresniper_here Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats about passing CCNA and New Baby icon_cool.gif, hahahah
    In my opinion, I think CCNP in good choice icon_rolleyes.gif

Cheers !!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats, all the hard work paid off.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the Pass and CCNA!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass!!
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • GeeGeez0rzGeeGeez0rz Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! :)
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on the pass and the new baby!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done !!! good result.

I would say either do some of the CCNA branches like seurity or voice. or move stright on to the CCNP.

And congratues on the baby. I have my first due on monday :) i tell you really interferring with study time !!! ;) lol
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif