Options

Sybex book?

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
I have the Sybex Deluxe Sec+ guide which I am reading through (Just started tonight :o ), I cant get or read the Daril book of such short notice, I test out friday/monday (class test on friday, cert on monday.) I took a pretest yesterday, I got a 70% on my first try, I don't know if that is a passing score or not on COMPTIA, but I am defiantly looking for a higher score.

So how good is the sybex book? I also have a few other books including the Sec+ 2008 In Depth, and the Sec+ Fast Pass, but I want to limit my studying material. suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    SephStorm wrote: »

So how good is the sybex book?

Good book. Depends on the candidate though, some like it a lot, others find it 'dry' for reading. I like it.

How has it been for you to read? Material make sense? Are you finding it covers the objectives?
    I also have a few other books including the Sec+ 2008 In Depth, and the Sec+ Fast Pass,

Not my typical recommendations, but you should do fine with them.

but I want to limit my studying material. suggestions?

WHY?

And you are asking about texts and your exam is either Friday or Monday icon_scratch.gif At this point it comes down to the amount of experience you have and how well you understand the objectives...wait...that's what matters regardless of when one takes any exam, but when you read the objectives, are you comfortable with the material based on the experience you have? Have your texts supplimented your knowledge?

If yes, you are likely ready.

Best wishes!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?