Options

Finally!

MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I got an offer and accepted it today. I'll be doing Desktop Support for a large company and cannot wait for it to start in a couple weeks. Things have been tough the past year, being laid off and working for very low pay in entry level positions.

Pay is more than I was making at my last career position, and will take me to a new area that is close to family. So now starts the countdown of preparing to move, selling my house, and relocating myself. And to think, I thought the stress would end, but it is much much lower now.

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

And Good Luck with the new job!! icon_thumright.gif

Hopefully the "new stress" is better (and shorter lasting) than the "old stress" -- and eventually leads to "no stress" once you've got everything taken care of and moved and settled into the new position. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and good luck on the new job.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

And Good Luck with the new job!! icon_thumright.gif

Hopefully the "new stress" is better (and shorter lasting) than the "old stress" -- and eventually leads to "no stress" once you've got everything taken care of and moved and settled into the new position. :D

Thanks a bunch! It's great to be able to feel like I'm back on my career path after the blip in my plans the past year. I want to work my way to being a Sys Admin and this job will grow into that position within a couple of years which is very very encouraging.

I'm enjoying the new stress so far, but I agree that it will be short lasting and I'll be just fine. It helps that I have my future in laws to stay with for the short term while we sell the house and get my fiance moved down as well in the next couple of months.

It's very refreshing.

And thank you to all that have said congrats. :)
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, I'll be calling up everytime I run short on cash!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Congrats, I'll be calling up everytime I run short on cash!

Thanks, and sure, I'll loan you some money, if you can pay my student loans. ;)