Logon hours in half hours

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
Is it possible to set user logon hours with half hours?

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't think so. Giving someone an extra 30 minutes to login doesn't hurt anything in most circumstances. Especially since (if I'm remembering right) if you are already logged in, you won't get kicked off.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Giving someone an extra 30 minutes to login doesn't hurt anything in most circumstances.

That's relative.

If management doesn't want a user logging in until 7:30 then that's what they want.
    phoeneous wrote: »
    That's relative.

If management doesn't want a user logging in until 7:30 then that's what they want.

I don't see that as being an issue, and apparently microsoft didn't either. If you really need something like that, what if you created a batch file that read the current time, and if it was not greater than 7:30am to do a "shutdown -r -t 0" and then placing it in the user's logon script?

Otherwise there could be a 3rd party tool that does the same thing except a little cleaner.
    I don't see that as being an issue

But thats not your call. Neither is it mine nor is it Microsofts. Legally if a user is only allowed to login passed 7:30 (for whatever reason), then thats how it is. Ill try the script.
    phoeneous wrote: »
    But thats not your call. Neither is it mine nor is it Microsofts. Legally if a user is only allowed to login passed 7:30 (for whatever reason), then thats how it is. Ill try the script.

No need to snap. I answered your question, explained why I think it is that way, and even suggested a workaround for you.

Your welcome.
    No need to snap. I answered your question, explained why I think it is that way, and even suggested a workaround for you.

Your welcome.

I'm not "snapping", I'm just telling you how it is in some work places. I used to work at a bank and they had policies for policies for policies. There is no grey area, it either is or it isn't and as a sysadmin I have to make it work for the employer based on their criteria and not what I think might be an issue. Thanks for your help.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I agree with pheonus.

I used to work for a school district that released at 3:30pm. You didnt want kids logging in after 3:30 because their wouldnt be teachers in any of those labs and they could just sit and browse **** and junk.
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    If this is a MS 2003 network, the limits are in hour increments from the "account" tab in AD. What about creating a GPO for the systems in question? Do ya'll use the "log on to.." section as well? What about creating a script that would turn on/off the netlogon service on each system at specific times? I don't script, something on the "to do list," but I am sure it could be done.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
    Did you ever get this working?
    Did you ever get this working?

Not yet but I havent tried the script.