Options

Is this legit?

viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Is this legit???

I'm not tooo sure about it. I'd be afraid that you put your number in there and the telemarketers would use it to call you. Anyone know??? icon_scratch.gif
CCNP Security - DONE!
CCNP R&S - In Progress...
CCIE Security - Future...

Comments

• Options
    CherperCherper Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That is the legit site. This came out last year I think. This is the list that they are not supposed to call, but it doesn't stop politicians.
    Studying and Reading:

Whatever strikes my fancy...
  • Options
    hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    Yup, I agree....they are VERY LEGIT. It is sponsored by the US government.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/06/27/do.not.call/index.html
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I don't think it works. I registered as soon as I could, and I still get crappy calls, usually right at dinner time, or when good Tv comes on. I saw a report once that the fines are so small, that companies call anyway.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    It has worked real well for me. I would get phone calls all the time, some companies would call be 3 times in one day. After signing up, the unsolicited calls are quite rare now. Now I do get calls from charities, politicians, and businesses that I have recent dealings with. If I do get an unsolicited call, I always say mention the Do Not Call list and the fact that my numbers are on it and under what reason are they disobeying this...immediate *click*.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I despise telemarketers... icon_evil.gif
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    that's gotta be a tough job allout.gif
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm registered on this site/list and I never get a telemarketer call. Supposedly, if you tell them that you are on the list and they verify your number they cannot call you back without being subjected to a fine.