Options

How are Microsoft Simulations Graded?

AJJ28AJJ28 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was just wondering if anyone knew how the simulations were graded on Microsoft exams.

Do they mark you off for clicking on the wrong icon or is the end result all that matters. I can't find anything on the internet about it.

Thanks for any help provided.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    MS apparently keeps this info to themselves. For the regular types of simulations, those on the 70-620, 70-29x series and other tests I believe they are just marked for if you get the correct end result. But then again since MS is very unclear about how they do their grading I could be wrong.
    For the 83-XXX tests MS provides absolutely no info. On these tests you are not even given a breakdown on what areas you did well or poorly in on your score report. I just know that it felt as if hours were going by between the time I clicked end test and MS had calculated my grade.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    For the 83-XXX tests MS provides absolutely no info. On these tests you are not even given a breakdown on what areas you did well or poorly in on your score report.

Interesting! I didn't know that. I liked those score reports for brushing up on my weak areas. Never mind.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah, true about not knowing whta I had done poorly on. I did remember some of the simulations I had trouble with and did those later and I knew what questions I had "known" I was right on. I think they could of at least given a report on how I had done on the non-simulation section.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    AJJ28 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone knew how the simulations were graded on Microsoft exams.

Do they mark you off for clicking on the wrong icon or is the end result all that matters. I can't find anything on the internet about it.

Nobody knows but it's possible that points are deducted for going the wrong way. The trick is to go through the sim and try the different options. Once you have it figured out, click the reset button and redo it without hitting any wrong icons. That way you can eliminate any lost points.
  • Options
    7lowe7lowe Member Posts: 178 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took this yesterday & in the instructions it says that the simulations are graded on the final state of the simulation. So, any mistakes in the middle shouldn't count against you. If you want to be on the safe side you can always reset once you figure it out & do it over.

• Options
    MicernestMicernest Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok thanks guys for the reset trick,i have never clicked on that Reset button before lol.
  • Options
    fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Once you have it figured out, click the reset button and redo it without hitting any wrong icons. That way you can eliminate any lost points.
    7lowe wrote:
    If you want to be on the safe side you can always reset once you figure it out & do it over.

Yeah I always do this, just to be on the safe side! But I think 7lowe is right, it should not effect your score, clicking on the wrong item, as long as at the end all the required settings are correct.

I think the sims basically works very much like the multiple choice standard question A, B, C, D... etc. However they have just hidden these options in small simulated portions of the OS. For example if a question asked you to raise the domain functional level to suit a purpose, then when you get to the correct area to raise the functional level, Mixed, Native, and 03, just constitute as A, B, and C.

If that is the case you can see how clicking incorrect items would have no relevance on the overall scoring system. Of course I am only speculating, but when you do a few of these exams you will start to see what I mean.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    7lowe wrote: »
    I took this yesterday & in the instructions it says that the simulations are graded on the final state of the simulation. So, any mistakes in the middle shouldn't count against you. If you want to be on the safe side you can always reset once you figure it out & do it over.

I've done 5 2007 Office simulations and the end results is all that matters, at least that's what they say.