Options

Looking for a crm or similar

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
Scenario:

The company I work for has clients that either walk in or call in for our services. The receptionists will fill out the customers information into our existing extremely lame and archaic pseudo-crm app. When the info is filled in, the crm will email another rep in the company to follow up on the lead.

I need to replace our existing crm because it is crap and is not supported in win 7. The app Im looking for doesnt need to be a full blown crm but something that has Outlook integration or an email client. App also needs to be dbase driven for server install, custom input forms, and preferably has reporting services.

Any suggestions?

After a brief search, vTiger is kind of what Im looking for.

I would code it myself but current projects are taking up too much of my time.

Comments

• Options
    aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Not sure if this will be overkill for what you want, but I am part of a team putting Microsoft Dynamics CRM into a company.

Backend is SQL Server and has Outlook integration and a web based frontend.

Microsoft Dynamics

Regards,
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Scenario:

The company I work for has clients that either walk in or call in for our services. The receptionists will fill out the customers information into our existing extremely lame and archaic pseudo-crm app. When the info is filled in, the crm will email another rep in the company to follow up on the lead.

I need to replace our existing crm because it is crap and is not supported in win 7. The app Im looking for doesnt need to be a full blown crm but something that has Outlook integration or an email client. App also needs to be dbase driven for server install, custom input forms, and preferably has reporting services.

Any suggestions?

After a brief search, vTiger is kind of what Im looking for.

I would code it myself but current projects are taking up too much of my time.

oooooo.... I'like the look of vTiger...I'm going to investigate that one more.

What sort of budget(if any) do you have for this project?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    oooooo.... I'like the look of vTiger...I'm going to investigate that one more.

What sort of budget(if any) do you have for this project?

Maybe a grand at the most.

I don't really need something featurific since the scope of the receptionist work will be limited to just intake.
  • Options
    knwminus wrote: »

Thats the first one I looked at. It may be a bit too much in terms of options. Pricing is good though.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What's wrong with vTiger or what options do you need that you are not seeing?
  • Options
    What's wrong with vTiger or what options do you need that you are not seeing?

Not what Im not seeing, we just dont have a need for all of its features. I know, just dont use them.

Its like driving a Maybach to wal-mart, you don't need to be that flashy but you'll still get there.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    What about ACT with some additional licenses?
    ACT! by Sage - Contact and Customer Relationship Management Software | Home

They've added several features since I first used Act 2.0 ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ElodieElodie Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    what is the size of your company ?
    You can look at TioLive open source offer. This is an online platform which delivers ERP-CRM account for SMB. But if your organization is bigger than a SMB, you can still subscribe to the Dedicate version.
    To help you in your choice, just register and you will be able to test the application.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    You might be interested in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. It's another cloud offering from Microsoft. You only pay for the seats that are used... no initial hardware/software purchase.

Check it out: https://www.microsoft.com/online/dynamics-crm-online.mspx

You get a 30 day free trial. In the process of signing up, you will have to input a Microsoft Partner's company ID. I'd suggest looking for someone close by that can help you, but if you'd like, I can help you online, just send me a message asking for my company's ID.

I'm actually converting a company over to this right now. They're seeing huge savings versus actually buying the software/hardware/support.