Options

Accessories folder missing for non-admins

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
I noticed that the accessories folder is missing for any user that isnt a local admin. Ive pinned snipping tool and sticky notes to start menu and they can run them but when I check permissions on the accessories folder from my workstation, users isnt even listed. Thoughts? I need to give users access to several items in the accessories folder.

Edit: They can successfully browse to these folders:

C:\Users\usernameXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

And they can also run any accessories program from the run menu

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So is the folder there with no permissions, or is it completely gone for them?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    So is the folder there with no permissions, or is it completely gone for them?

The folder isnt even there. I triple checked my gpo's to make sure that I didnt remove it.
  • Options
    debstuartdebstuart Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am sorry to hear that someone else is having this same problem.

You cannot tell 400 students t0 browse to see where the application is when in the past with Windows XP it has always been on the Start Menu.

Yes the folder is in Start Menu/Programs, and yes they have permission to but it is not showing up on the Start Menu.

Can someone give me and everyone else a concrete answer to this problem
  • Options
    debstuartdebstuart Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Found out that we had a bad default image on our system. So the problem that I was having with the Accessories folder is solved