Options

BCMSN on 7/23

lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
After passing my CCNA five weeks ago I have now set my focus on BCMSN.

I have my test scheduled for Friday, the 23rd of July which would allow me to take a second shot before BCMSN goes away.

I will be reading through the BCMSN Student Guide that I got from a friend who attended the training lately and I will also be watching the CBT Nuggets for this exam. Aside from that I will check out the configs on our switches in the office and datacenter to make use of the new stuff and get it to stick in my head icon_smile.gif

Eight weeks is probably a tough schedule (especially with the World Cup starting in less then three weeks) but I definitely want to get BCMSN out of the way. I will give myself more time for BSCI and especially TSHOOT icon_smile.gif
Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
Goal for 2014: RHCA
Goal for 2015: CCDP

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yeah that is a pretty quick study time, but good luck anyway!

Careful with practicing new things in a production enviornment. I break stuff enough in my home lab.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Eight weeks isn't a tough schedule if you spend the right amount of time preparing. I studied for eight weeks when preparing for my BCMSN and passed on the 1st try back in December 09' which was two months after passing my CCNA. I would give yourself about 3-6 months to study for "ROUTE" which will be the exam you will take since BSCI goes away at the end of July. BSCI was definitely A LOT more difficult than the BCMSN. BCMSN wasn't easy, but I personally don't think it was as hard as the BSCI. TSHOOT, I'm still waiting on my beta results so can't say much there.