Options

Passed Network+ with an 846 today

rgladnickrgladnick Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thanks for some great tech notes and especially the links to the practice tests which were very helpful to me. I was a little nervous about this test after having scored lower than I thought I might have on the A+ exams last month.

For anybody who is interested, here is how I prepared:

1. I checked out Mike Meyers latest All-In-One Network Certification Book from the library(I was going to take the beta exam, but decided that waiting up to 60 days to put it on my resume was too long). I used his AIO A+ Cert Books also and liked his style of writing. I also got my voucher for the A+ through totalsem along with 1100 practice questions - that might have been a reason for my lower than expected test scores - the practice questions were geared towards the old objectives (I think) and I put too much weight on them for studying.

2. I studied the tech notes here which are very nicely done.

3. I took every online test I could find. Again, this site has plenty of links. Any time I didn't completely understand a question, I refered back to the tech notes or googled some info.

That's pretty much it. What worked for me may not work for you, but I was nervous for nothing. Test took about 30 minutes. Good luck to anybody taking the test in the future.

Oh, I got my voucher from getcertified4less.com $150 with a pdf from Tcat Houser. The pdf is worthless in my opinion; basically just a glossary. I've heard good things about Tcat, but this isn't one of his finer products - just something to throw in with the voucher.

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the new cert. I have heard nothing but good things about the Myers books for preparing for the A+ and Network+ exams. The technotes here are awesome and a killer price for the SE ones.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations and thanks for the feedback :)
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass, rgladnick!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Overlord1Overlord1 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□