Options

Failed. AGAIN.

thatguy85thatguy85 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Now this is really starting to get on my goddamn nerves.

First time taking it, I failed with a 646. Weak areas were DNS, and IPSec, everything else was okay, but managing/maintaining IP addressing was actually near perfect.

So I took a few weeks and re-visited CBT Nuggets, and started to use test-out. I focused mainly on DNS, and hit up a bit of IPsec before I ran out of time.

Today, I failed with a 673. This time, managing IP addressing was a weaker spot for me, while DNS and RRAS were my biggest gain.

I'm also pretty aggravated because they gave me a simulation, and to perform the task I had to open a specific dialog box. The sim locked me out of it and said it wasn't available on this specific sim. I'm almost positive that's where I had to go to complete the sim.

Fortunately I have a 2nd shot voucher and I'll be using it to retake the test again soon.

Comments

• Options
    thatguy85thatguy85 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also, is there a list of commands specific to this exam anywhere that I can review? Some of the questions on what command to use for certain operations really got me.
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about the fail! Good old second shot :D

The best place for resources is usually Technet, however if you google specific commands there are loads of websites available for most of them. Which one's are you struggling with?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    thatguy85 wrote: »
    I'm also pretty aggravated because they gave me a simulation, and to perform the task I had to open a specific dialog box. The sim locked me out of it and said it wasn't available on this specific sim. I'm almost positive that's where I had to go to complete the sim.
    Those sims will do that. They may have more than one way to go to get the task done but only one way will be available. M$ wants you to do the task their way.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is how the beast got its name. It would be very easy for you to give up and find something new. But look how much you invested into this. If MS just gave this cert away, then having it would be useless. Good luck on your next try.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    This is how the beast got its name. It would be very easy for you to give up and find something new. But look how much you invested into this. If MS just gave this cert away, then having it would be useless. Good luck on your next try.

Oh no 291 isnt the beat anymore...wait till 293, thats a mofo of a test
    293 is the new beast
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    RomBUS wrote: »
    Oh no 291 isnt the beat anymore...wait till 293, thats a mofo of a test
    293 is the new beast

Not for me, I'm stopping at MCSA. Well MCSA:S hopefully. I don't think I have the time, or the need to go MCSE.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't know if it is just me, but I like to use Self Test as I find their questions really make you think. Some times the questions can be a little unclear and you have to read over and over again before answering. However when you come to the exam the questions seem a lot more clear and easier to answer (Okay not all of them)! I found it particularly useful for 70-291 and 70-293. Once you know all the material for the exam, you need a good sim to refine your thinking into exam mode.