Options

cbtnuggets or testout

tonyg1tonyg1 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Which is better cbtnuggets or testout for a+? I have a friend that has cbt nuggets 2006 edition I believe it is 2006 i know its not 2009. He also knows someone with the 2006 testout a+ each of them said if i want they will let me use it but before i look at either of them, i wanted to see what anyone thinks of either of them or which is better or just some feedback. thanks

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    tonyg1 wrote: »
    Which is better cbtnuggets or testout for a+? I have a friend that has cbt nuggets 2006 edition I believe it is 2006 i know its not 2009. He also knows someone with the 2006 testout a+ each of them said if i want they will let me use it but before i look at either of them, i wanted to see what anyone thinks of either of them or which is better or just some feedback. thanks

Better is relative.
    I've purchased and used some of the CBT Nuggets videos and they are pretty good.

I like TrainSignal for several topics a little better, but both are good.

You will not be able to use your friends videos as they are licensed to your friend not you, sorry.

CBT Nuggets: Product Information FAQ
    Answer
    Our License Agreement* states that, "You may not rent, disclose, publish, sell, assign, lease, sublicense, market, or transfer the products." So can you resell our training? The short answer is no. Here's why.
    We prevent the reselling of our training to keep our prices as low as possible while retaining top-notch trainers. We feel that this is the best way to serve you, our loyal customers.

Check out the free videos offered online and decide for yourself. Testout product, some say it is good. I didn't like the samples I saw a while back, but I haven't gone back to see what they have today or how they may have changed.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Unfortunately you wont be able to use either and since they are both from the old test you probably shouldn't bother with them. I used Testout for Net+ and Sec+ and they were really good, they weren't so good for the 83-640. You may want to purchase, from the vendor, the current version of whatever you decide to get.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.