Options

Net+ Test Dec 21

DrSwaityDrSwaity Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all. I'm writing my test this tuesday. My question is, how hard is it? I manage a network here for about 1 year. I've done a lot of practice exams online and on cds, and I'm finding my low marks around 65%, my highs around 91% and the majority of the marks coming around 75%-80%. I did a 200 question test and got 74.50%, and a 67 question test and did 81%. (those two were Sybex's tests in the network+ study guide dlx.) I havn't really read any books. Work load quadrupled the day I scheduled the test, and I havn't studied.

Anyways, what do you guys think my chances are, and what is good cram material for a weekend session? Of course I only get part of a weekend, as we are doing major changes. Sigh.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    jinx37jinx37 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, first off, good luck! I found the Network+ test to be fairly easy. It took me about 35 minutes and I passed with a 793. I more or less skimmed through Mike Meyers AIO Network+ book, kind of helped with areas that were still a little sketchy for me. You'll know if you studied enough and if you're ready, my guess is that you probably are. Once again, good luck and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Teren Sapp
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    The exam is easy, I think so. I believe if you have one year of hands on, you'll have no problem adding N+ to your credentials.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    While we are all talking, what again are the passing marks, and how is it broken down again?
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Passing score: 646
    Scale: 100-900
    Exam: linear format , multiple choice ,
    Questions: 72

Thats all and oh yeah if you go make the test do go with to much stuff you know ( watch or siggarets or whatever ) that u don;t need because u need to give everything to the supervisor and thats alot of work ( I LEARNED MY LESSON) icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Have you reviewed the CompTIA exam objectives on their web site, comptia.com? Review these and be sure you have some entry-level knowledge on each subject. They may give you a question on anything in the objectives.

Have you tried the practice tests here on TechExams? I found that they're a good indication of readiness.

You need to know about the OSI network model and IEEE specs, not the whole specification but what is defined in the spec, for instance ethernet, wireless, etc. You need to know network devices(NIC, hub, bridge, switch, gateway, router, etc.) and at what layer of the OSI model they do their work. Know the different network architectures. Need to know your protocols as presented in the exam objectives.

And a lot of other things too!

General rule is if you are making at least 90% on practice exams, you should be OK for passing the real thing.

If you review the objectives and find yourself short, you can always reschedule the exam for a later date.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    MissionKap1001MissionKap1001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Unless moneys no object to you, I wouldn't take the exam unless I was scoring 90% or better on practice exams.
  • Options
    rgladnickrgladnick Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Network+ test is pretty easy. I have no actual network experience and got an 846 last week with about 2 weeks of study.

If you're not familiar with the objectives, go to CompTIA.org and check them out.

As far as online practice questions - If you are doing well on the majority of them, you should be good to go - some of them are way out of line as to what you should expect to see on the actual exam.

Bottom line - if you are really uncomfortable with the amount of study time you got, reschedule, but I suggest taking the test and getting it over with - it's easier than you think.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips all! I go to write in about two hours. I"ll post back and let you all know how I did. Good or bad... :)
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good luck. im sure it wont be a problem
  • Options
    Another question I meant to ask before I go, for questions that have multiple answers, say The correct answer is A,B and C, and I guess A and B, do I still recieve partial marks? Or Same senario, ABC is right, and I guess BCD, do I recieve any marks at all?

Thanks!