Options

Anyone read the Sybex book?

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
My employer bought the Sybex MCSA/E set for me. Just curious if anyone has read the 291 book. According to our vendor, apparently the set of MS Press books were discontinued...

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Amazon still has them.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I used both the Sybex and the Microsoft press book. The Sybex was at best, review. It's missing at least 1/3 of what you need to know for the exam.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    This is the one I bought a few months ago. Seems to still be in stock:

Amazon.com: MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-291): Implementing, Managing, and…

Edit:
    But to answer the OP...I've not read the Sybex book for 291, but I did use the one for 290, and it was great. I imagine the Sybex for 291 would be good as well.
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Amazon still has them.

They do but our vendor is cdw and the publisher told him that the set is discontinued. I should just buy them on my own on amazon and ask to be reimbursed.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    They do but our vendor is cdw and the publisher told him that the set is discontinued. I should just buy them on my own on amazon and ask to be reimbursed.

Or just take the hit. I don't know how good the other book is. (Dan says not so good.) Even a free book is still useless if it is missing 1/3 of the information.

On another note, I wish my company paid for my testing materials. Someday....
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    I used both the Sybex and the Microsoft press book. The Sybex was at best, review. It's missing at least 1/3 of what you need to know for the exam.

I agree, I used both Sybex and MS Press. I found Sybex easy to understand but missing a lot of material. MS Press and CBT Nuggets helped me, with Self Test exam sim.