Options

Train Signal vs CBT Nuggets vs LabSim

timespacetimespace Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Which CBT video supplier do you prefer?

Or post the name of another company if it's not listed in the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    this is a tough one as i watch cbt nuggets and train signal for completely different reasons. however if it came down to it and i had to pick one or the other i would go with cbt nuggets because from my experience they are a lot easier to watch and can always hold my attention.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    CBT for me, however I guess there will be (or would be) a few votes for Testout.
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For the CompTIA (Net+,Sec+) I would say testout as I used them and could have passed with no other resources. Since I haven't used the others I really can't say about them. Testout has the advantage of a lower price and you can get an educational discount if you're a student ($89 for the 83-640) also testout has the advantage of the chaptertests and practice tests included.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    this is a tough one as i watch cbt nuggets and train signal for completely different reasons. however if it came down to it and i had to pick one or the other i would go with cbt nuggets because from my experience they are a lot easier to watch and can always hold my attention.

Can you please explain the differences between CBT and Train Signal? I have used Train Signal, but I have never used CBT Nuggets
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    earweed wrote: »
    For the CompTIA (Net+,Sec+) I would say testout as I used them and could have passed with no other resources. Since I haven't used the others I really can't say about them. Testout has the advantage of a lower price and you can get an educational discount if you're a student ($89 for the 83-640) also testout has the advantage of the chaptertests and practice tests included.

+1 testout I love the student discount. In fact, a lot of my peers at college complain about not being able to do labs from our books, since a lot labs require admin rights, and we don't have these rights, we are power users. Also, we have a network work monitoring software that blocks a lot of things, so that makes it even harder to do labs, often a lot labs are based on theory. I always recommend Test out to student peers that want more lab time.
    It's helping me tremendously study for the A+, and I don’t' think I would passed the 701 without it. Heading into the 702 and using test out I have a ton of Ah ha moments were things are really starting to connect and click. The material on test out, and the book exam cram start to make sense. Although, the labs is what really makes test out stand out. I feel 100% confident I will pass by using test out.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    Can you please explain the differences between CBT and Train Signal? I have used Train Signal, but I have never used CBT Nuggets

my experience solely comes from the cisco videos (jeremy - cbt nuggets VS chris - train signal) so i can only compare those.

i find jeremy's teaching method to be a lot more laid back and easier to sit down and watch the downside being he goes a million miles per minute and his thought process while teaching can be all over the place.

to be honest chris is a little dry for me however his videos cover a lot more ground and go further in depth which is extremely helpful especially on subjects i dont have a lot of experience with.

so with that said each instructor has a place they fit in with my learning process. usually i'll watch jeremy's videos first to get a good introduction. followed by labs/reading the subject matter and finally i use chris' videos to really nail down all the knowledge.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Comes down to the instructor. Sec+, server+ Michael Shannon kick ass. Ed lieberman's net+ is def good!
    Needs 100K
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's more about the trainer than the series. I personally found Zachary in Testout to be excellent for studying the MSCE exams. Testout also has a really good lab sim and I really like that each lesson is short (5 - 15 minutes) as I start to nod off on hour long lectures.

Jeremy is good for the Cisco stuff, although he could cut his vids by 5 minutes by leaving out the meandering waffle.
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    Bowler CBT Labs :]

27 1/2 hours of training, 3 dvd's, 40 videos CCNA - CCIE level for $30. You aren't going to find anything around for that price:

Bowler CBT Labs items - Get great deals on ccna, ccnp items on eBay Stores!

Check it out. I have sold over 20 copies in under 2 weeks. I can't keep up with it all TBO. Check my ebay feedback, you won't be sorry.

-Steve
  • Options
    ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Cbt Nuggets for me also there is another good company called Winstructor they also have good video tutorials etc.