Apply to a job posting that isn't the recruiter? any danger?

laptoplaptop Member Posts: 214
I saw a job posting posted within my school website.

It looks as if I am qualified. There's an email address.

I went onto linkedin to find out this person. It's actually an ACCOUNTANT according to my search. Not the HR department. It's a big company. Why would an accountant receive resumes?

Is there any risk to send my resume to this person? I am thinking that this person is trying to get their referral bonus by checking out who has the best resume. It also asks to attach my list of references (which I am not comfortable at this time after finding out its an accountant. not HR).

Should I just apply? I dont know if this 'accountant' will forward my resume to their HR dept. Plus, I don't see this job posting anywhere on their website.

What do you think?

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    laptop wrote: »
    I saw a job posting posted within my school website.

It looks as if I am qualified. There's an email address.

I went onto linkedin to find out this person. It's actually an ACCOUNTANT according to my search. Not the HR department. It's a big company. Why would an accountant receive resumes?

Is there any risk to send my resume to this person? I am thinking that this person is trying to get their referral bonus by checking out who has the best resume. It also asks to attach my list of references (which I am not comfortable at this time after finding out its an accountant. not HR).

Should I just apply? I dont know if this 'accountant' will forward my resume to their HR dept. Plus, I don't see this job posting anywhere on their website.

What do you think?

Here's a thought...ask him?

"To Mr. Blah-Blah-Blah:

My name is laptop, and I am inquiring about the Yadda-Yadda-Yadda position. [Note, you can add a sentence or two about what you already got from the posting here.] Would it be possible to give me more details about the position as well as confirming that you are the proper contact?

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
    laptop"

Something like that. :)
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Here's a thought...ask him?

Exactly! Not to be a jerk, but most of the questions you come on here with seem like you are just scared to ask people. Grow a pair and ask if you don't know something man.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've never heard of an Acctnt posting an IT position, but i've heard of the hiring manager post the position instead of HR doing the posting. But like the others said, ask him.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    theres a phrase in the UK which is "shy bairns get nowt!!" which applies here :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't always take a title at face value. If internally someone is advertising, and you want the job... your going to need to contact them with a coever and resume.

Ignore the linkedin listed title. Titles really don't in the end mean much.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog