Anybody know how to delete a recurring Outlook event for a deleted AD user?

SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
I've posted on Experts-Exchange and Server Fault asking for help, but nobody has been able to help me out.

Does anybody know how to delete an event in Outlook (for all parties that were invited) for an AD user who no longer exists?

I tried recreating the user but that didn't do the trick...I know this is a long shot asking for help on here, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyways.

Thanks in advance.
Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
* Sec+ 2008
* MCSA

Currently Studying for:
* 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
* 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD
* 70-647 Server 2008
* 70-649 MCSE to MCITP:EA

Comments

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    How many users do you have? You could have each of them just try and delete it from their calendar. Could be painful, I know.

Other than that, some others have suggested EXMERGE. I've never tried it, so I can't say for sure....

remove recurring meetings from calendars (sent by deleted mailbox/AD account) | keyongtech

Hope this helps!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This is the stupidest aspect of Exchange... I have a message from a deleted user and its header is stuck in people's inboxes because it was sent company wide.

This reminds me of broken chains of ownership in SQL 2000. I pray this has been fixed in 2007/2010! Which version of Exchange is it?

My only solution seems to be Exmerge the mailboxes witht he stuck header to PST, delete the mailboxes, recreate them. Delete the message from the PST, then import the messages into the mailboxes.

Seeing as one of the users with this issue is the President and CEO there is no flipping way I am taking this risk.
  • SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
    Thanks for the help guys...I'm just going to email the people on the list with instructions on how to remove it. If it was all internal I could just remove them myself, but there are a number of people who are outside the company that I can't do anything with.

As you predicted Robert, this is Exchange 2003. We are planning to migrate to Exchange 2010 in the next month or so, can't wait to be past 2003!

I do appreciate the help gents...you guys were more useful than EE and ServerFault!
    Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
    * Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:
    * 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-647 Server 2008
    * 70-649 MCSE to MCITP:EA