Options

ACE 4700 tcl script

Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is anyone familiar with running a tcl script on an ACE 4700? I've written a tcl script for a customer but I'm not familiar with the ACE 4700 and don't have access to it. The customer can't seem to get the script loaded into memory by following the cisco docs.

The docs say to load the script into memory using the script file command from global config mode like so...
host1/Admin(config)#script file name script.tcl
Then execute the script by using "the script name you configured; do not use the script file from which the script was loaded."

So from the above command, would "name" be considered the "script name" or is it the actual script name "script.tcl"?

Comments

• Options
    JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
    What is the script for? I have some experience with TCL scripts for health monitoring on the ACE.

Loading Scripts into the ACE Memory

You can load the script into memory on the ACE and enable it for use by using the script file command in configuration mode. The syntax of this command is as follows:
    script file index script_name
    The arguments are as follows:
    index—Index number for the script file. The index number will be associated with the script name. The number must be unique across the contexts. Enter a number from 1 to 255.
    script_name—Name of the script in the disk0: or probe: file system.

Note To load a script into memory, the script must be in the disk0: or probe: directory. The ACE does not load script files in a disk0: or probe: subdirectory.
    For example, to load a script into memory:
    host1/Admin(config)#script file 22 ftp1.tcl

To run the script or create a health probe using that script, use the script name you configured; do not use the script file from which the script was loaded.
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's just a script to automate a task for lower level network admins. They will need to manually execute the script and then answer a couple of prompts and the script takes care of everything else.

I've read what you pasted above on the cisco site. My question is, since I don't have access to the ACE, how would you then execute the script that they have loaded into memory. From the example above, ftp1.tcl is executed how?

I know on a router, you would run "tclsh <path to script>". How is it done on the ACE?