Options

How many study weeks are needed before taking this Exam?

frajparifrajpari Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
I need some input as to what kind of timeframe I would I need to pass this exam. I have an MSCE in NT 4.0 and have been working with Windows 2000 for about 2 years now. I've been in the IT field for 5 years now. I have not taken a Microsoft exam in a long time and really dont know what I should expect. I'm looking to complete this exam by January 7th since I need it as a prequisite to another class this coming semeseter. Is this possible? Can anyone give me any ideas if this can be done? Or is this just a long shot?? Any insight would be great. Thank you!

(Btw, I have not started studying for it. Looking to start tomorrow and would basically just cram until the last minute until test day.)

Comments

• Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hrm. well, I guess your experience counts for a lot, and if you have no choice, go for it!

There are some wonderful notes and practice exams here, so you can get a feel.

Since you're just starting out upgrading your core exam, I don't think there's a lot to worry about it you have good study habits.

There's a fair amount of new material, and the 270 seems to like a lot of medium-level administrator services, as I found the 210/215 have much of the same material.

All you can do is go for it if you want to take the class I guess.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    sweenk2000sweenk2000 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's definitely doable, IMHO. I started studying for the exam at the beginning of December and took the exam on the 20th. Although I've been in IT for a while, I hadn't really got into the server side of things before, so there was a fair bit of new stuff for me to cover. Basically just put my tail down and studied straight through as much as possible at work and at home. If you've already got most of that server knowledge, you've got a headstart already so I'd say that you should be able to do it.

I used the Exam Cram 2 for my study, along with the MOS course and this site's technotes (of course) plus some transcenders to check on my progress. Having said all that, there will still some questions on the exam that came out of left field and I had to just throw out the 2 rubbish answers and take my best guess between the 2 answers that were left. I suppose those questions really sort the men from the boys though, so I can't complain - and I must have guessed a few right. :D

So yes, give it a go - apart from the cost of the exam, what have you got to lose?
    "There's a man on the line, he is wasting my time..." Cdeb
  • Options
    frajparifrajpari Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great, thanks for the input guys. I figured it could be done, just wanted to see what others thought of the exam. Thanks again.