Options

Peer Review

notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
Hi guys:

I'm looking for a little peer review for anyone that has 5-10 minutes to kill. I just worked on a lab provided by Dave Hucaby. It's quite a bit of work so I don't expect anyone to lab this up. What I can say about my lab is that "it works!" There's no question about it.

What I'm looking for is for anyone to please just quickly glance at my work, the way I configure things etc etc and possibly point out any bad habits or anything you feel that can hurt me down the road from a fundamental standpoint.

So don't worry so much about if the lab works.(which it does) But maybe the way I explained things might be too ambiguous or not accurate enough etc etc...

My link:

BrandonTek Blog Archive HSRP/Etherchannel and Trunks

Comments

• Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
  • Options
    ColbyG wrote: »
    Looked okay to me.

Thanks my friend!

Always helps self-confidence when vets around here can give you the thumbs up... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Options
    zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just did a quick look and didn't read any of what you said. Hah! But one thing I noticed is the description. Maybe instead of putting CHANNEL-GROUP 1 as the description is to make it more descriptive as much as possible. I also try to put description under the interfaces that are part of the EtherChannel just to make it easier for another network guy. Also, you may want to put description under the SVIs as well. Other than that it looks good to me.
    :study: Life+
  • Options
    zerglings wrote: »
    I just did a quick look and didn't read any of what you said. Hah! But one thing I noticed is the description. Maybe instead of putting CHANNEL-GROUP 1 as the description is to make it more descriptive as much as possible. I also try to put description under the interfaces that are part of the EtherChannel just to make it easier for another network guy. Also, you may want to put description under the SVIs as well. Other than that it looks good to me.

Duly noted! I'll make sure in my next lab I'll do that. I'm not used to naming descriptions and I think it's a bad habit to have.

And like you said, makes it harder for the next network guy to know what is going on...
  • Options
    NG2F, actually you don't need to do it in your lab if you don't want to. c",) I am talking about production. But, if it'll help you remember to put a better description then why not?
  • Options
    zerglings wrote: »
    NG2F, actually you don't need to do it in your lab if you don't want to. c",) I am talking about production. But, if it'll help you remember to put a better description then why not?

No I think I should as good practice. If I don't do it in lab, I'll probably forget during production. It's a good habit to have and you're the only one that pointed that out.....
  • Options
    Okay! icon_thumright.gif