Options

Failed BCMSN but...

agent2592agent2592 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Pearson is giving me a free retake. My exam froze three times and I lost about 15 minutes (time kept ticking).

I was already running short on time and had to fly thru the rest of the exam skipping everything I did not know immediately.

I have to say it was WAY easier compared to the BCSI. Taking it again Friday and I expect to pass. Any tips for ONT or ISCW?
CCIE written here I come...

Comments

• Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    agent2592 wrote: »
    Any tips for ONT or ISCW?

I'd recommend just doing the TSHOOT. you only have about 6 weeks left to complete both of them, that's cutting it pretty close.

Sorry to hear about your testing woes, but that's pretty slick that you get a free retake.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    +1 for the above recommendation. I wouldn't even try to cut that deadline, I would just go with the TSHOOT option.
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Pearson is giving me a free retake. My exam froze three times and I lost about 15 minutes (time kept ticking).

I was already running short on time and had to fly thru the rest of the exam skipping everything I did not know immediately.

I have to say it was WAY easier compared to the BCSI. Taking it again Friday and I expect to pass. Any tips for ONT or ISCW?

What the heck is going on? I've been reading on MANY comments about the exam freezing. I can bet you I know the general simulation too that it froze on just from the comments I've been reading...

This isn't new either, this is the BCMSN test, going to be retired, I've heard the SWITCH exam crashing as well....
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Things crash in the real world all the time. Maybe they just want the exam to be more realistic :)
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Things crash in the real world all the time. Maybe they just want the exam to be more realistic :)

yeah try telling DevilWAH that..... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Options
    zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TSHOOT is the best exam you'll ever take. Well, at least that is true to me. c",)
    :study: Life+
  • Options
    zerglings wrote: »
    TSHOOT is the best exam you'll ever take. Well, at least that is true to me. c",)

Can you elaborate on why you feel that way? Just because it is uber hard? (Wendell Odom failed it.)

I appreciate real world exams but the Cisco sims are not "real world" enough for me.
  • Options
    Can you elaborate on why you feel that way? Just because it is uber hard? (Wendell Odom failed it.)

I appreciate real world exams but the Cisco sims are not "real world" enough for me.

It's a lot more "real world" than multiple choice question tests. I ran through the tshoot demo and it was pretty realistic.
  • Options
    It's a lot more "real world" than multiple choice question tests. I ran through the tshoot demo and it was pretty realistic.

Thanks for the responses.

I would love an exam that is nothing but GOOD sims, etc. but I have found that the test sims use a stripped down version of the IOS and under short time constraints this does not meet my definition of real world.

The BCMSN was HORRIBLE with limited commands and freezing up.

Many of the real world verifications that I use to be speedy don't even work. I get the point that it is better than multiple choice (the favorite of **** users...) I am gonna go for ISCW and ONT. I bought the books and what is the worst that can happen? I learn a little more QoS and have to do TSHOOT.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses.

I would love an exam that is nothing but GOOD sims, etc. but I have found that the test sims use a stripped down version of the IOS and under short time constraints this does not meet my definition of real world.

The BCMSN was HORRIBLE with limited commands and freezing up.

Many of the real world verifications that I use to be speedy don't even work. I get the point that it is better than multiple choice (the favorite of **** users...) I am gonna go for ISCW and ONT. I bought the books and what is the worst that can happen? I learn a little more QoS and have to do TSHOOT.

If that's the case then do the CCIE icon_lol.gif

I know it's not perfect, and there's lots of shortcuts that aren't there, but it's better than nothing.

You're the man if you can finish the ONT and ISCW up before July 31st! Good luck icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    Well that sucks you failed, but the free re-take is a bonus. My CCNA exam also froze and I lost over 5 minutes on the clock, but I passed so I am not really concerned :)
    CCNP :study: