CCNP First or strait to CCIE Voice

charblescharbles Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi ALL

I just finished my CCVP three months a go and now I would like to do CCIE Voice.

I also like to have the CCNP but my question will be should i do CCNP first and then CCIE Voice or should I just do the CCIE Voice and do CCNP later.

I'm a bit confused, did anybody had same problem.

You are advice will very appreciated.

Comments

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Hey Buddy welcome aboard. Ok I'm in the same boat in as much as I've got my CCVP and no NP. I don't intend to go for my NP at this stage. I would say though that NP level knowledge is required and in the real world is expected.

I've considered doing the CCIP to cover this but again I'm not fully commited to that route just yet.

I think really it depends on how much expereince you have in the R&S world as to how you proceed.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You'll need a minimum amount of R&S skills to succeed at Voice -- and earning the CCNP should get you above that minimum level.

But if you have the Voice experience, knowledge, and skills -- and have what it takes to tackle the Voice Lab -- then you probably have the ability to do the reading list self-study to hit that minimum R&S skill level without doing the CCNP.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!