Options

Syngress Books

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
Has anybody used any Syngress books here. I recently received my Prep kit book for the 70-647 Amazon.com: The Real MCTS/MCITP Exam 70-647 Prep Kit: Independent… and it seems from reviewing the TOC to be a very thorough book. They also have their own practice exams (One included with the book) and more that can be purchased seperately. There is a free 70-649 practice test available for anyone who wishes to use it via www.syngress.com/certification ( I listed it on my sticky http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/54748-70-647-resources.html ).
How useful did you find this resource to be?
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Early opinion on this series is that they were among the worst exam prep books ever written. Syngress had the best 293 book out there, but their 2008 stuff got horrible reviews.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    From skimming through it some it seems to take up a lot of space reviewing the how of things when I want to learn why and when. It'll be good for reviewing some of these topics, though.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.