Options

E3 2010

arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anybody else excited for the new stuff that's being unveiled this week? I love my PS3, but I might have to pick up a Xbox 360 to play with the Kinect (I definitely want to see the Star Wars game they demoed). Engadget has a marketing video of the Kinect that looks pretty good:

Microsoft Kinect gets official, Video Chat announced -- Engadget

Looking forward to the Nintendo 3DS to see how they handle 'glasses free' 3D. And of course, I'm interested to see what Playstation Move enabled games are demoed to see if I really want to bother with that (plenty happy with the DualShock 3). I know a Wii HD system has long been rumored but I fully expect it to remain a rumor this year.
[size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
What's left: Graduation![/size]

Comments

• Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    arwes wrote: »
    I know a Wii HD system has long been rumored but I fully expect it to remain a rumor this year.

Miyamoto said there will never be a Wii HD like a year ago.
    :study:
  • Options
    Whatever their next system is, it's going to have to be really impressive to get me back. I sold my Wii to my sister because it was collecting dust at my house (in between 1st party games, 3rd party ones were shovelware on the whole).

Also, LOL at this pic. Seems this demo was staged just a little bit. ;)

http://i47.tinypic.com/iqd75t.gif
  • Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As soon as I crush ICND2 in about 5 hours I will have a little time off until I have to start on SSCP. In that time off I plan to finish all the games I only made it half way through on the Wii. I played mine nearly every day for the first couple years I had it, if only to do the stupid poll questions and make celebrity look-alike Miis. I need to finish Metroid, Mario Galaxy and the Blaster Master on virtual console before I switch over to CoDMW2 and GoW2 on Xbox. I really can't wait to play video games again. It's been too long.
    :study:
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    there haven't been many good games

but there was a steam sale for Oblivion that included ALL the DLC and the expansion for it for $8.50

I went in and bought it. I've played the game on and off since 2006 when it came out, but let me say, all the mods you can get for it are freakin awesome.

YouTube - ElderScrolls4 Oblivion - Shadowfang Keep
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Not been to E3 in years icon_sad.gif
    Whatever their next system is, it's going to have to be really impressive to get me back. I sold my Wii to my sister because it was collecting dust at my house (in between 1st party games, 3rd party ones were shovelware on the whole).
    The curse of Nintendo :P Their first party games are generally great and what makes the system. The third party games are generally meh and nothing special apart from a handful of them.

Thats the problem with the Wii. Due to the way Nintendo designed it, the system is very limited in what you can do and add. It was quick to market and cheap to manufacture because it is basically a faster GameCube with the Wiimote controllers.

The games operate in the old manner where they take over the entire console when you start them. It isn't like the PS3 or 360 where there is an underlying OS which allows you to do things like the 360 NXE.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the next "Wii" comes out anyway. Nintendo have had great success in the casual market but now that they've got the Wii, why would they upgrade? By definition they're the people that don't game regularly and don't need or want the latest greatest console...
    Also, LOL at this pic. Seems this demo was staged just a little bit. ;)

http://i47.tinypic.com/iqd75t.gif
    No no. That is just an example of the unannounced time machine feature in the 360.
  • Options
    Live streaming of Microsoft's E3 presentation:

Xbox.com | E3 2010 - E3 2010 - Media Briefing
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wish I could have attended the event. Keep me updated guys! Thanks
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm more in interested in how this will be adapted for Media PCs/Xbox Media Center and GUI control in general. BuhBye remote.
    For games I don't see it replacing a mouse/kbd, but maybe useful for less sensitive game types on the console.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    Yeah Microsoft pretty much dedicated their entire presentation to trying to win over the casual gaming crowd that Nintendo's been catering to with the Wii. And I agree with you on the controls, it'd be nice to use gestures to control video playback.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    If 1 palm is covering face then fast forward because its an awful film.
    If 2 hands are covering face then fast forward because its a scary film.
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    Microsoft will never win the console wars
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    I'm hoping for a Final Fantasy XIV update!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    aordal wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a Final Fantasy XIV update!

I just got into FFXIII on Saturday night and can't put it down. They need to hold off on IX for quite a while.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Its an MMO to replace FF XI. I need a fresh start on a new MMO. FF XIII was amazing though I will admit. I played it at least 80 hours, you have a lot of fun in your future!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I thought about this further - I want either several more DLC packs for Borderlands or Borderlands 2.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    And I wonder how long it'll take for someone to try hacking it to become a surveillance device :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    YouTube - E3's Channel

^^^ good stream. Nintendo's presentation is going on now, and they're having interference issues like Steve Jobs did. icon_lol.gif Sony's presentation is up next.