Confusion on MCSA/MCSE

DrSwaityDrSwaity Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I had a question, when you have your MCSA or MCSE does it expire? My impression is say you have MCSE for W2K, and the one for W2K3 is out, you loose your MCSE. I'm confused, does microsoft have a time period, or what?

Thanks!

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    No expiration. No time periods. No Whats. However, they do retire the exams for the older tracks--eventually. But, too, they generally offer an upgrade opportunity where you take 1 or 2 exams covering the new OS and then you're not only MCSE/MCSA/whatever? Windows 2000, after you take the upgrade, you're also MCSE/MCSA/whatever? in Windows 2003 too.

Again, those who were MCSE on Windows NT, are still MCSE Windows NT even though Microsoft no longer offers that certification, and will always be, but they may also be MCSE Windows 2000 because they have passed the required M$ exams.

Hope this helps.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Well you don't Necessarily lose your MCSA/MCSE, but it will be outdated.
    You will always have the certification once you pass the exam and Microsoft will never take it away from you, but eventually in the long run being certified in Win 2000 for example will be old and outdate..therefore no good for the business world. This perspective for Win 2000 will not be outdated for a long time still, since most companies still run it and it's a great OS. This was just an example
    In our field we must be up to date with new products and information all of the time. Some certifications require you to retake the exam after a period of time so your current with new material and on your tip toes! :D