Starting pay for an MCSE

DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
First of all, I don't want this to turn into a "well I make this much" sort of fight.

I am wondering what the starting and average pay would be for someone having an MCSE. I know it can vary highly based on location and other factors, but knowing a ballpark figure would be nice.

How about an MCSA?

Again, I'm just looking for an average. I don't particularly care what a single person makes and would rather that this didn't become a place to brag.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also I know it can vary on the company type. So along with the $ you could include the location that you are approximating and possibly the company type/size, I think that would add a lot of value.
Decide what to be and go be it.

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Too many variables there dewd.

MCSA = $40000 - $70000
    MCSE = $50000 - $100,000 ( I just made up these figures )

Look at the job boards in your area which should tell you how much they'd offer to an MCSA/E.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    In the UK for a full time employee realistic figures are
    MCSA £20,000 - £30,000k (Dependant on experience)
    MCSE £25,000 - £40,0000 (Dependant on experience)
    You can earn more but this will be based on where you work, who you work for and your "Other Skills"
    As a Contractor you can earn between £150 and £400 a day, although the top end is usualy limited to work requiring Security Clearance, the average for an MCSE would be about £220 a day for non security cleared work.
  • texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    I would say it really depends on the city and the industry.You can make great money at an oil and gas company as a desktop guy on avg about 25/hr.For an MCSE the range would be at least 30/HR.I have even seen a school district in my area that was looking for a MCSE to hire in the range of 52,000 - 85,000 depending on experience.
  • skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    Every situation is different, so its hard to give a fair range. With that said I started out:

Network Analyst making 22K with no certs.
    Next Job (18 months later)
    System Administrator 45K w/ MCSE
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    skyline wrote: »
    Every situation is different, so its hard to give a fair range. With that said I started out:

Network Analyst making 22K with no certs.
    Next Job (18 months later)
    System Administrator 45K w/ MCSE

Was the Network Analyst job your first job? If so, that is impressive and nicely done sir!
    Thank you Thank you...

That was my 1st job, knew a guy who worked there.
    Goals for '11
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I actually expected it to be slightly higher. I was thinking somewhere in the 60-70k range.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • imsiskoimsisko Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have a look at this:
    MCSE Jobs, Average Salary for MCSE Qualifications

Without any real work experience I think if you get around £22k on your first job you can consider yourself lucky.

If everything goes as planned I'll be an MCSA within a few weeks and I'll start looking for an IT related job. IF I can get one and IF it pays £20k+ I'll be a VERY happy man!!
    I'm not worried about the salary right now, I believe getting a job and gaining experience is more important than money! As a matter of fact if someone offered me a 3-6 months internship contract and a chance of a full time employment after the internship I'd sign it today!! :)
    Thats the right attitude to have... Get the exp first and then the $$$ will follow.
    Goals for '11
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680