Options

Is the book that I have any good?

astint1astint1 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have the Sybex A+ Complete Study Guide Second Edition, Jan 2001. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782128025/qid=1103778482/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/102-2661318-6896915?v=glance&s=books

Is the book still reliable to study for the core part of the exam. I dont need to study much for the OS part. If this book is trash whats the best.
21 Years Old. MCPed at Age 17. My son will be the first 1 year old MCSE certified. LOL.

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I'm not familiar with that particular Sybex book--if it is built on the 2003 objectives. But, I'm sure that the info is good. If it's not the most recent, it probably needs a little supplemental material based on the CompTIA objectives in order to be a complete study guide.

It's pretty much agreed around here that All-In-One A+ Study Guide, Fifth Edition, by Michael Meyers is probably the best guide.

Looks like you're getting a good variety of knowledge in your IT studies. At your age, I think that's an excellent path to take! Just be sure to take the time to get a variety of life too.

Best of luck on your future!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    The only thing you are going to miss in this book is windows Xp because it's outdated. The newest version is Sybex A+ complete study guide 3rd edition.

For the core part you will miss sometings like the Newest RAMs , & Sockets , etc.

Hey man good luck with your studying. Goog going with you age.