Options

Red Hat wont refund - HELP!

TherhinoTherhino Member Posts: 122
I was scheduled to take my exam back in may when it got really close to it I decided I couldnt do it. I eneded up paying 50% of the exam cost and now I was just offered by my company to go to the class and take the exam through it.

I contact red hat to try to get refund for my original 899 but they wont do it! I guess I could transfer it to someone else but I would have to sell it.

What should i do? Should I have the credit card company fight it since it wasnt on the site? Should I throw a fit with them? Should I try to sell it somewhere? ebay?

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't know that there is anything that you can do about it. Contacting the credit card company might do something for you. They might forgive it, or they might also go after red hat. Best case is they take the charge off. Worst is that they piss redhat off and then they don't let you take exams for fear that you are just going to fight with the cc company to get the money back.

If it was $20, not a big deal. But that is a large sum of money you are talking about. I don't know what I would do.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    I may try to call their Training number and see if I can go up the chain...i mean i have already went to the their rh033, rh131 course and now the rh300 i for sure have contributed my funds to them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Let them know that you've taken those courses and aren't trying to screw them over. Being a loyal customer can go a long way.. I'd keep fighting to get the money back and if all else fails go through your CC provider to see if they can get something done about it. Also, would it be possible to transfer your current credit to the class and then get reimbursed by your company instead of them paying the whole thing? I may not be following the situation fully but this may be an option.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    If you didn't inform Red Hat of your intention to cancel or reschedule at least 15 days before then you can't do anything about it and have to accept the loss of your money.

I'm not 100% sure of what you're trying to refund. Is it the original exam which you didn't go to but paid 50% of? I don't see why or how you'd get a refund for that.

Red Hat Training Policy

Cancellation by Student

* Student will receive a refund only if Red Hat receives a notice of cancellation at least 15 full calendar days (not including the class/exam start date) before the class/exam start date.
    * Student will not be eligible for a refund if Red Hat does not receive a notice of cancellation 15 full calendar days before the class/exam start date, but the class/exam may be rescheduled or another individual may attend in Student's place. (see policies below for details).

Rescheduling by Student

* A student can reschedule a class/exam up to two (2) times (fees discussed below may be applicable).
    * There will be no penalty for requesting a reschedule more than 15 calendar days prior to the class/exam start date.
    * Rescheduling requests made 15 full calendar days or less prior to the start date of the class/exam will incur a penalty fee of 50% of the MSRP. The penalty fee will be added to the student's original class/exam cost.
    * Classes/exams that are rescheduled either the first or second time within the 15 calendar day window cannot later be cancelled.
    * New class/exam date must be chosen at the time of rescheduling. A rescheduled class/exam must start no later than six (6) months after the initial class/exam start date.
    * If a student does not attend a scheduled session (no show), payment for the session is forfeited. The student may not reschedule the session.
    * Orders using TUs as the payment method are not allowed to cancel or reschedule within 15 (fifteen) calendar days of the class start date. This is an exception to the normal Red Hat Terms and Conditions for rescheduling/cancellation.
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »
    If you didn't inform Red Hat of your intention to cancel or reschedule at least 15 days before then you can't do anything about it and have to accept the loss of your money.

I'm not 100% sure of what you're trying to refund. Is it the original exam which you didn't go to but paid 50% of? I don't see why or how you'd get a refund for that.

Well the thing is yes I did reschedule after the 15 days and paid the 499 to reschedule... I am just shooting to get my original 899 back while sacrificing my 499
  • Options
    Therhino wrote: »
    Well the thing is yes I did reschedule after the 15 days and paid the 499 to reschedule... I am just shooting to get my original 899 back while sacrificing my 499
    If I read the T&Cs correctly, you won't be able to do that.

"Classes/exams that are rescheduled either the first or second time within the 15 calendar day window cannot later be cancelled."

Getting the credit card company involved won't do much since you agreed to these T&Cs when you ordered the course originally.

Can your company not reimburse you for the cost of the course?
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    Getting the credit card company involved won't do much

Not entirely true. The credit card company can take any charge off they want. It is possible that they would take it off and eat it themselves but for hundreds of dollars they won't do it.

I've had some $10 charges taken off before because of FTD floral enrolling me in some program because I didn't uncheck one of the boxes. Whether they got FTD to pay them back, I don't know. It is their problem now.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Not entirely true. The credit card company can take any charge off they want. It is possible that they would take it off and eat it themselves but for hundreds of dollars they won't do it.
    Yeah but I don't see why they would in this case. It is clearly set out in the T&Cs. It'd be like you purchasing a ticket to fly to somewhere and then just before the flight telling the CC company to do a charge back because you don't want to go anymore.