Options

70-401 - SCCM - Next Friday

GosU-TecHGosU-TecH Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Scheduled the 70-401 for next Friday. Sat the 6541A class, read the MS press book, and used CBT nuggets. Been using SCCM at work for 3-4 months now, think I shouldn't have too much of a problem with this one. Anyone else taken this so far?

Comments

• Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GosU-TecH wrote: »
    Scheduled the 70-401 for next Friday. Sat the 6541A class, read the MS press book, and used CBT nuggets. Been using SCCM at work for 3-4 months now, think I shouldn't have too much of a problem with this one. Anyone else taken this so far?

Do a quick overview of SCOM with SCCM before you take the test. There will more than likely be some questions on it.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • Options
    Took the exam today...killed it. Passed with a 1000, but I must admit about 5-6 ?'s I just took a lucky shot in the dark. I felt confident I passed when I clicked "finish" but did not expect to see 1000 as the score! 40 questions, no sims. Took me about 25 minutes to finish. Used CBT Nuggets and MS press book for review (as mentioned above I sat the 6451A class in late April too). Have been using SCCM at work for some time now as well.
  • Options
    asuraniaasurania Member Posts: 145
    i wrote it and passed it, got 723 or something
    was a bare pass
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats to you both!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    jabberwolfjabberwolf Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Curious which helped you more for the test?
    Administering SCCM, the class or CBTNUGGETS?

Thanks!
  • Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to the small circle of System Center certified indivduals:)

Oh, and as a note... admin of SCCM and Uleashed and the MS press book was my study path.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • Options
    jabberwolf wrote: »
    Curious which helped you more for the test?
    Administering SCCM, the class or CBTNUGGETS?

Thanks!

All are good in different areas, but administering SCCM and the class were the most help (hands-on). CBT Nuggets was very helpful with the review and I am confident I got a few ?'s correct on the exam based on those vids.
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    i dont suppose you have the sccm course book (6451) you would be willing to sell?
  • Options
    alokin123 wrote: »
    i dont suppose you have the sccm course book (6451) you would be willing to sell?

Yea, but the course book for the 6451 class doesn't have much in it. Basically, the slides that the instructor discussed and some questions/labs. It is not very detailed at all. I used the Admin Companion as study reference more so than the 6451 course book: Amazon.com: Microsoft® System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Administrator's Companion (9780735623859): Steven D. Kaczmarek, Microsoft System Center Team: Books.
  • Options
    jrobb259jrobb259 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The admin companion was a decent book but paled in comparison to "Mastering System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2". That book was by far the best printed material I used to study. I also used CBT Nuggets for some video study and I had received the 6451 training about five months before I took the exam.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are those good books for learning the product as well?