Options

source view and save as in an internet page

bartvanzummerenbartvanzummeren Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello, I do not know whether I am at the right place for the problem I am having with explorer in Win 2003 Server enterprise, but here it is...
Since 2 days it is not possible for me anymore to view the source code of an internet page, nor to edit it.....'acces denied' is the message at trying to edit in notepad or coffeecup and by the fast way, nothing happens at all...
Also when I want to 'save as', what I use very often to save images to work with...the only possibility I get, are/is bitmap....I am able to save as jpeg or whatever (by then I have to put in an name and an extension) ..... but explorer will not recognize the true extension or name and value...
Yes, to me it seems an explorer issue, the weakest link...but also the most important...
I tried several things...cleaning temps...import/export cookies...changing spyware options, even uninstall....and when opening the registry...it opens at the MUICache keys....so there is a problem...but I can't lay my finger on it
....HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3282842671-3966735204-2132349319-500\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache....
so maybe I have to change or make a key, but where and which one

If there is anybody out there......
I thought that with this OS, my problems would be over, because it's a strong and selfhealing one and there are many ways to solve problems....but now I don't know what to do...

bart

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_arrow.gifhttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306907

I've had this problem as well, and it did dissapear after I removed the temp internet files. Haven't tried saving images at that time so I don't know if it is related.
  • Options
    bartvanzummerenbartvanzummeren Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello, I do not know whether I am at the right place for the problem I am having with explorer in Win 2003 Server enterprise, but here it is...
    Since 2 days it is not possible for me anymore to view the source code of an internet page, nor to edit it.....'acces denied' is the message at trying to edit in notepad or coffeecup and by the fast way, nothing happens at all...
    Also when I want to 'save as', what I use very often to save images to work with...the only possibility I get, are/is bitmap....I am able to save as jpeg or whatever (by then I have to put in an name and an extension) ..... but explorer will not recognize the true extension or name and value...
    Yes, to me it seems an explorer issue, the weakest link...but also the most important...
    I tried several things...cleaning temps...import/export cookies...changing spyware options, even uninstall....and when opening the registry...it opens at the MUICache keys....so there is a problem...but I can't lay my finger on it
    ....HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3282842671-3966735204-2132349319-500\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache....
    so maybe I have to change or make a key, but where and which one

If there is anybody out there......
    I thought that with this OS, my problems would be over, because it's a strong and selfhealing one and there are many ways to solve problems....but now I don't know what to do...

bart

I found the solution
    change the location of temp. internet files
    1 make a new one at a different location
    2 change it in options in IE
    3 throw away the old one

that's it