I failed the 702, need help or guidance

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
I failed t 702, need help or guidance
I used Testout for the 702, and read the Sybex book, and part of the exam cram…I got about up to chapter 10.
I scored 90-80% on the measure up exams.
I scored the same on the exam cram test cd 80-90%
Currently Im using flash cards ,testing with transcender, and using testing, plus volunteering breaking down and building computers with freegeek on the weekends.
Anyone has some insight or advice?
My essentials exam score is 765
My 702 score is 663
The Application 702 test is a lot harder than the 701..
Does anyone have any advice that doesn’t break the non discloser agreement?
Thanks in advance
I rescheduled the 702 for August 1st
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Use the breakdown that they gave you and use that as guidence. The date of the retest should give you enough time to study the material so you can kick the test's butt.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Does anyone have any advice that doesn’t break the non discloser agreement?

I noticed you mentioned a bunch about tests and some texts, but what do you have for real experience? The exams are geared toward candidates with at least 500 hours of experience (but it shouldn't be 500 hours of installing ram, it should be 500 ish hours of various types of experience that cover most of the topics in the objectives).

So, how does your experience stack up to what the objectives cover? Do you have enough? and 500 is merely a guide, some folks simply need more and some won't need that much

I rescheduled the 702 for August 1st[/QUOTE]

Should be plenty of time:

Review the areas that you need work in based on your exam score card. Review the objectives.

Try to 'teach' the material to someone who doesn't know much about the subject and see if you are able to explain it to someone who doesn't get it...you'll have to know it well to do this.

Lay off practice tests...they hurt more then they help (IMO).

Meyers A-I-O and/or Sybex are great resources! If you cannot get enough hands-on, then consider TrainSignals product.

Or find someone in your area who is also preparing for the exam and study a couple times a week with them until your exam. Your not too far away from passing and you are not the first to have to retake it, so as frustrating as it may be to fail...folks fail, and then retake exams and pass. No reason you cannot be ready by August, best wishes!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    One of the most valuable tools if used correctly is practice tests. If used incorectly, they can send you into a test thinking you will easily ace it, but walk out with a fail.

I've seen too many people get caught up with practice questions and just memorizing all of the answers. Once they meet the real testing pool, they don't know the answer.

What were your week areas on the score report?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well one of the things that got me on the Bridge exam was I couldn't quite remember exactly what tab virtual memory was on. It's right click My Computer, Properties, Advanced System settings. CompTIA was tricky in asking you a question. I think they might have gave me 2 answers that were very similar. Make sure you practice that simple stuff.

For example, I wouldn't get too worked up on if XP Pro can support RAID 5 or not. The answer to that BTW is XP Pro cannot support RAID 5, but the motherboard might. In that case you turn RAID on in the BIOS. Then you use the BIOS for the RAID to configure RAID 5. Don't get too caught up in that. Yeah go through it, but I would really nail down the simple stuff. Like I know how to create a shortcut, but I really can't tell you how to do that unless I've done it within the last 2 minutes.

Testout is exclellent. Go back to those labs where you did the simple stuff and make sure you remember the EXACT steps you did such as for creating a shortcut, changing the desktop, all that stuff. That's where that test can be made or lost.