Options

Spezialization in Security and Messaging

XCommandXCommand Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I already have a MCSA and MCSE from W2K.If I pass Security+,will I have another certification called MCSE+Security.I mean MCSE+Security and MCSE+Messaging are certifications or just the name of the path which is followed?People who get these certifications get a logo MCSE+Security? or just MCSE? Can I get these certifications or is it not possible because I alreday have MCSA and MCSE?

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    A specialization is just an add-on. It sats not only do you know about MCSA/E, but you're also aware of security issues as an extra. You can see what you need, depending on which exams you've taken alrerady.

MCSE
    MCSA
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    XCommandXCommand Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I see that I didn't enter Exam 70-214 and Exam 70-227(or Security+)

So if I give this 2 exams,will I recieve a new certification called MCSE+Security , a new logo and a new card?or I won't get anything because I'm already MCSE.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You may get a new card, but I'm not positive. The logo differs slightly as well, to show the added specialization. As far as your cert itself, it would be upgraded to MCSE:Security. It's the same cert, but only the specialization has been added. You can't be specialized without being MCSE first.
    i remain, he who remains to be....