Options

How much carries over from the 291

DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
I have heard some people say that the 291-293 hop is similar to the 270-290 hop in where it is a lot of the same information that gets beat into your head a second time around. I have also heard other say that there is little that is the same. I would just like to make an official post to see everyone weigh in on it.

Thanks.
Decide what to be and go be it.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There's a lot of overlap, but there will be new items like PKI, clustering/NLB, and WINS (this is light and not as difficult as the other two). From what I've seen from other members here, it's been almost completely split regarding which one was more difficult.
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    From my first take last summer, which is almost a completely different test than what I sat last month, there is still a lot of overlap. There are a lot more sims and the questions aren't as wordy. IMO, it is a sum of all the other tests leading up to 293 and then what Dynamik hit upon. IMO, 291 was nothing compared to this one, but I used more subject matter daily from 291 versus 293.

My best advice, LAB,LAB,LAB,LAB and go back over everything that the other tests covered if you skimmed by. Last years test was a pain in the a$$ and finishing within the allotted time was difficult for me.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    motogpman wrote: »
    My best advice, LAB,LAB,LAB,LAB and go back over everything that the other tests covered if you skimmed by. Last years test was a pain in the a$$ and finishing within the allotted time was difficult for me.

I'm not ready for this test yet, I still have to finish the 291 (Scheduled in about 2 weeks) and then the plan was to take out security+ while it was still good for life. I am shooting for around mid August for this test, but things could shift either way pretty easily.

I will certainly keep this in mind when I start working on this test. I just purchased the MS pressbook and a book just on PKI that I think will be a good reference for this test and for the 298/299.
    Decide what to be and go be it.