Options

Questions about Windows 7

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
First off all I am a helpdesk employee so I don't know if deployment would be a worth while cert for me. Is there one on the horizon for knowledge worker or even desktop support. I recently had the Windows 7 Inside and Out purchased for me from my fiancee for fathers day. Do you think there will be a certification out there that mirrors up to that book?

Just wondering. thanks you in advance it brethern.

Comments

• Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The 685/682 might be more support oriented, though I'm not sure.

682 is the bridge between MCDST to MCITP for Win 7, 685 is the test you'd take after the 680 deployment test for the same MCITP. I look at it like this, the 271 was more technical OS support for XP and the 272 was software support specific, they may have split win 7 up the same way.

There is more to the 680 than just deployment though, all of the technical specific stuff is in there as well.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The 70-685 would be the best one for you since it's focused on troubleshooting. Since you do already have the MCDST I would suggest just upgrading it like Michael said.