Passed 70-680

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop in and say that I passed the 70-680 exam yesterday. I used the second shot promotion, I had failed the exam 2 weeks ago with a score of 680 (ironically enough).

After taking the exam with no studying, I knew where I was week and ended up buying the Sybex book to read through.... I have to be honest, I usually love Sybex but I think they dropped the ball on this one. I have to agree with the other posts in this forum, this book is missing a lot of information.

The first attempt at the exam was technically an easier exam, it seemed like my pool of questions were focused more toward an in-house technician. The problem was that there were some good multiple choice answers that I could pick from on several questions... This made it harder.

My second attempt was a completely different experience, it seemed like my question pool was focused toward a corporate environment (Which I'm more comfortable with). The questions were more difficult but the multiple choice was much easier to narrow down to the "best" answer.

Ironically, the Sybex book did almost nothing to help me prepare for the second attempt. I got hit hard with deployment and remote access features, 2 areas that the Sybex book is really not that strong on. In fact, I don't even think DISM was mentioned in the book.

Anyway, I felt better about my answers on the second attempt even though I felt it was a harder exam. I ended up with an 833, which I was somewhat surprised by, I knew I was going to pass but I figured it would be closer to a 750's score.

The biggest tip that I can give for this exam, I can't believe it myself, but don't bother with the Sybex book. If anything use it as supplemental material only! I didn't personally look at any other books, but I'm sure other people on this forum can point you to better sources for this exam.

Comments