Options

Passed the CompTIA A+ Bridge Exam

skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was certified with the 2006 A+ exam. I just took the 2009 Bridge exam. The Bridge exam lets you renew your previous A+ certification if you have the 2006 version of the test. It will not let you renew if you have older ones. 500 is the minimum passing score out of 900. I got 800. Last year on the Essentials and Technician I got 843 and 839.

I'm going to get my Network+ by the end of this month and then on to Security+.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    dairou18dairou18 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice! May I ask why you are going for Network+ when you have the CCNA?
  • Options
    skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dairou18 wrote: »
    Nice! May I ask why you are going for Network+ when you have the CCNA?

Well I'm not going to spend a lot of time on it. I'm taking the test on July 13. I would go for CCNP, but currently the tests are in a transitioning phase. I also want to get a CCNA voice certification, but I don't have any money to spend on new training material. I work at a bowling alley, and my hours get cut in the summer. I'm just looking to get any entry level certification I can that will help with employment.

I don't know if the certification itself will show I have knowledge, but the training material in Testout is excellent. They actually give you real world examples of things like say how to implement routing on a server and how to make a server issues certificates that you really don't need to know on the exam, but it gives you a better understanding.