Options

Are you guys using Professional or Enterprise to study with?

tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
cant get Enterprise without a volume license, right? is Professional adequate to get me through most of the studies?

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It really helps to have Ultimate to be able to play with new features. Professional will get you through a lot of the material, but you'll miss out on the features only available in ultimate/enterprise.
  • Options
    oh, so ultimate = enterprise? i figured professional was like vista business.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tdean wrote: »
    oh, so ultimate = enterprise? i figured professional was like vista business.

Welcome to Windows flavors, I prefer Strawberry since it tastes good icon_lol.gif

Enterprise = Enterprise licensing

Ultimate = Has all the features of Enterprise without the enterprise licensing.

If you don't use Ultimate you won't be able to test such features as Bitlocker, Bitlocker-to-Go, and Applocker.
  • Options
    lol... hmm.... maybe i'll just read about those features.
  • Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you're currently an IT worker then you can get a trial version of Enterprise from MS's website. I can't remember the link to it but I believe it's mentioned in the MS Press book. The Enterprise trial they give you functions like a full version and can even be turned into a full version via activation.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • Options
    Warsh1pWarsh1p Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Windows 7 Enterprise | Trial, Evaluation, Test, Download
    (Scroll to the bottom of this link)

You can download a Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day trail here.
    Just say you are an IT Professional when signing up. If you pick student in the drop down when signing up it will not let you download.
    #Current Studies#
    || B.S. in Management Information Systems
    || MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit: Configuring Microsoft Windows 7
    || Element K Windows 7 Configuration Courses
    || Transcender: MCTS Windows 7 Practice Exam

#Certification Path#
    || August 2010: MCTS Win 7 Config (70-680)
    || November 2010: CompTIA Network+ (N10-004)
    || February 2011: CompTIA Project+ (PK0-003)
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    If you don't use Ultimate you won't be able to test such features as Bitlocker, Bitlocker-to-Go, and Applocker.

and one of my all time favorites...boot from VHD icon_cool.gif