Options

Microsoft Office Certs for 2010 have been released

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Certiport | Home - Certify to Succeed

There is now a functional worker for project 2010 and sharepoint 2010. Plus you still have the same format as before with 2007 with excel, powerpoint, word, and access. However with word and excel you can take an expert exam on both of those.

I really need to install 2010 on my machine, but in our environment we just started using 2007, infact half the users still have 2003 on their machines.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've always been interested in learning some of the material for these tests but not necessarily taking the test. I know some people who are like Excel Ninjas. I am not so great with it haha.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I took the word 2007 test. While it isn't an awesome credential, I did learn a lot of cool little tricks, plus it was easy. I'm thinking of taking an excel test next, just so that I can learn more. Plus, compared to the MCP tests, these are a nice vacation.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    xmalachi wrote: »
    I've always been interested in learning some of the material for these tests but not necessarily taking the test. I know some people who are like Excel Ninjas. I am not so great with it haha.

I spend about 10-20 hours a week using Excel. Even with that much exposure I still wouldn't consider myself elite. I create pivot tables and functional charts and write my fair share of workbooks with macros. My last job I had to work with SQL tables and clean up the data for some reporting.

The more you use it the easier it becomes.

The best Excel users I have noticed are financial analyst and controllers. Those guys can do some amazing things in Excel.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I took the word 2007 test. While it isn't an awesome credential, I did learn a lot of cool little tricks, plus it was easy. I'm thinking of taking an excel test next, just so that I can learn more. Plus, compared to the MCP tests, these are a nice vacation.

I think the same about some of the MCP certifcation to be honest, but I guess it all depends on your view point. The jobs I am looking for and applying for require excellent Excel and Access skills not to mention other reporting applications. EG Cognos, Crystal Reports, Portal J, and SAP BW. Along with those skills SAP and other ERP knowledge and last but not least, strong SQL skills.

I agree Word by itself is kind of hollow. Probably not a bad idea to pick up Excel.