Options

Screensaver GPO - need assistance

ayoriayori Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
So here's the situation. We got 600 workstations and 20 of those are meeting room PCs. All are running XP pro and are joined to the domain. We have a screensaver policy in place which is applied to all domain users. Now the 20 meeting room PCs need to be setup in a way that the screensaver is disabled so it doesn't interrupt the presentations. Users login using their domain accounts to ALL PCs but need to have the screensaver disabled when they login to the meeting room PCs.

I just got this assignment yesterday and haven't really thought of this as much but I figured I'll post here now while I try to figure it out. The problem is, the screensaver GPO is only applied to the user level and if I remember correctly from my past labs, screensaver GPO (when domain user logs in) overwrites the local settings/registry. I'm thinking of some sort of logon/batch script which requires me to do some further research. Also, is it possible to disable the whole User configuration in the GPO (I'm thinking of doing that to all the meeting room PCs if possible).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments