Options

Exchange OWA Question

brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
We have a new exchange 2007 server running and I was trying to figure out how to get OWA work from the public domain (as well as sync to mobile devices).

It works on our intranet, and we have different public website to use for it, but I dont know exactly how to make it work.

If anyone has a walkthrough or advice I would greatly appreciate it. I have a trainsignal, but it doesnt cover this part very well for me.

Thx.

Comments

• Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You'll need to first publish the services through IIS.
    What OS is Exchange running on?
    Have you purchased a third party certificate?
    Do you have a DMZ?
    Do you know if the required network ports are open?

Sorry, still eating breakfast so can't give comprehensive answer. MSexchange.org has a lot of handy how-to's though.
  • Options
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    You'll need to first publish the services through IIS.
    What OS is Exchange running on?
    Have you purchased a third party certificate?
    Do you have a DMZ?
    Do you know if the required network ports are open?

Sorry, still eating breakfast so can't give comprehensive answer. MSexchange.org has a lot of handy how-to's though.
    OS = 2k8
    3rd Party Cert = No
    DMZ = No
    Required ports? IDK
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    brad- wrote: »
    OS = 2k8
    3rd Party Cert = No
    DMZ = No
    Required ports? IDK

Brad,

based on your answers I would suggest that you start with MSExchange.org What sort of firewall are you running? Wouldn't happen to be ISA Server, would it?
  • Options
    Brad,

based on your answers I would suggest that you start with MSExchange.org What sort of firewall are you running? Wouldn't happen to be ISA Server, would it?
    We do use ISA.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    brad- wrote: »
    We do use ISA.
    That makes it point and click!
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Brad, try this link. I used it as guide a while back to publish OWA, Outlook Anywhere, ActiveSync and HTTPS redirection. It's a straight forward how-to for Exchange 2007 through ISA 2006 that has only 1x network card.

Publishing Exchange Client Access with ISA 2006 - The Complete Solution (Part 1)
    Publishing Exchange Client Access with ISA 2006 - The Complete Solution (Part 2)
    Publishing Exchange Client Access with ISA 2006 - The Complete Solution (Part 3)

I used Digicert to obtain a SAN (UCC) certificate with 4x names. This allowed for webmail.mydomain.com, autodiscover.mydomain.com and exchserver.mydomain.com. Digicert have some great tools to make the process really easy. Hope this helps.