Options

Most Important Objectives?

jakeyrottenjakeyrotten Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there,
I've had my A+ for a little over a year and I've been working on the Net+ as I'm trying ot get a better position with my gov. contractor employer. One thing I remember from taking the A+ exam is that is seems Comptia will cherry-pick which topics are important for the exam. What I mean is the material that's covered at length in the book is only touched on in the exam while the stuff they only mention in passing is heavily tested. Did anyone have a similar experience with the Net+ exam? I know the exam objectives but I'm worried I will spend all my study time memorizing cable specs and ports and OSI model stuff but all the questions will be troubleshooting and OS command questions.

Comments

• Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I would say that each objective is covered pretty evenly. You definitely need to know all of the cabling specs (though GB and 10GB seemed to be all that was on the test). You HAVE to know the OSI model backwards and forwards along with what operates at each level.

Overall I would say just download the objectives from CompTIA and know them all. That may sound like overkill, but that's how I passed this test.

Good luck.
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    is it necessary to know all the BASE levels like all the Sonet Base specs? Thanks
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security