Options

LAN re-design

danc_101danc_101 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been tasked with re-designing my office LAN switches. The main reason for the re-design is to introduce NAC via 802.1X. It is a small company (120 users, 30 servers no VOIP or POE). We currently have 10 year old 2900XL Catalyst switches.

Having never done this before I would be grateful for any pointers / comments on my initial design. We only have 7 x 3560 48G switches which can be used.

I haven't drawn in all the links, i.e between the 2nd distribution switch and the access switches.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have these switches already been purchased? If not then I would recommend doing a 3750 stack using 2x WS-C3750-24TS-S for the core/distro. When you stack them they become as if they are a single managed switch, this gives you redundancy in the distro/core with the ability to form multi-switch ether-channels to each access switch.

As for the access layer you can get by with 2960G's (WS-C2960G-48TD-L) unless you're specifically doing routing at the access layer.

But if you've already got the 3560's then do each channels to each distro switch.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    danc_101danc_101 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mgeorge wrote: »
    Have these switches already been purchased? If not then I would recommend doing a 3750 stack using 2x WS-C3750-24TS-S for the core/distro. When you stack them they become as if they are a single managed switch, this gives you redundancy in the distro/core with the ability to form multi-switch ether-channels to each access switch.

As for the access layer you can get by with 2960G's (WS-C2960G-48TD-L) unless you're specifically doing routing at the access layer.

But if you've already got the 3560's then do each channels to each distro switch.

Thanks for the reply. Yes we already have the 3560's. I couldn't think of any other way..