Options

How long is the Linux+ good for?

abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278

I know the CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ are good for ever if you get it before Jan 1, 2011, and then after that its 3 years, does the same hold true for the Linux+? Or is that already 3 years?

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    abefroman wrote: »

I know the CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ are good for ever if you get it before Jan 1, 2011, and then after that its 3 years, does the same hold true for the Linux+? Or is that already 3 years?

They have not made any updates about that cert. So as of now it last forever. The new 2 exam format is available now but the old 2004 format will be available until October I think.
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    knwminus wrote: »
    They have not made any updates about that cert. So as of now it last forever. The new 2 exam format is available now but the old 2004 format will be available until October I think.

Thx!

I wasn't going to take the A+ and Linux+ this year, but I'm thinking I better get them out of the way.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    abefroman wrote: »
    Thx!

I wasn't going to take the A+ and Linux+ this year, but I'm thinking I better get them out of the way.

You should go for A+ and Linux+ if you don't mind giving comptia an extra 500 dollars. I would just do L+ since ypu already have N+ and S+.