Options

TSHOOT Journey

CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
Just got back from Cisco Live. It was wonderful as usual.

I took the TSHOOT there and failed miserably. I believe my test bugged out on me because when I went back to a question where the problem was between routerA and routerB, the client could no longer ping the default gateway. I was dumb founded, and looking over the configs could find no reason why I should not be able to do so.

But it was a fun test without being completely pressured for time, and I was able to form a good strategy by the 4th ticket. There was one ticket from SWITCH that did not completely overlap with BCMSN, so I will need to study that.

I am about to change jobs from a federal civilian network analyst to a private sector network engineer and moving to a new home over the next month. I will probably try again in August once I get settled into my new life.

Comments

• Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    It definitely is an interesting exam. I believe I know which ticket your referring to with your issue. My recommendation is to just build the topology over, and over, and over, and over icon_thumright.gif That way you are completely comfortable with it and know it like the back of your hand. I did this on my 2nd attempt after failing the beta, and again when I missed the 2nd attempt by 24 points. It definitely helped me labbing everything out, because I knew the areas where I thought I messed up. It really helped me feel more confident on each attempt as well going in. Anyone preparing for the TSHOOT I highly recommend my FAQ on the forum or my blog, I wrote a step by step approach to prepare, with some basic information and you can always hit me up if you have any questions.
  • Options
    CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    Hey guys, well I am getting settled into the new job and due to the sheer amount of things I have to learn there is no way I will be able to complete the TSHOOT exam this month. One major task is I have to learn Junos as they use Juniper for routing, so far I really like it. Anyway I still want the CCNP so I guess it will be a few months before I can stick my head in Cisco books again, perhaps I can get it done by end of year.
  • Options
    Bert McGertBert McGert Member Posts: 122
    Funny, I'm in a similar boat.

I'm taking my TSHOOT next Friday to complete the CCNP and then immediately jumping into the JNCIS waters.

A colleague of mine has indicated that having dual CCNP and JNCIS certs is huge and that (at least in these parts) pretty much allows you to write your own ticket. I'm definitely interested in putting that theory to the test.

Good luck!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A colleague of mine has indicated that having dual CCNP and JNCIS certs is huge and that (at least in these parts) pretty much allows you to write your own ticket.
    I actually tried to figure out once if there were were any Cisco Business Partners in the Chicago area that were also Juniper Business Partners :D -- but Juniper doesn't make it easy to find the local business partners without calling them.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!